Wednesday, November 5

Waves of Love




In this sea;

This sea of
Can I have another drink?
Mommy?
Can I have Milk?
Mommy?
Can I have an apple?
Mommy?
Can I sit on your lap?
Mooooommmmy?
Can I go outside?
MMMOOOOOOMMMMMMYYYY?
Can we go to Mcdonald's?
Hey Mommy?
Can you change David's diaper?
Mother!?
Can I see?

This sea of
Cleaning a room, walking in the next
filthy room deflated, but getting started.
Only to look back at the room,
that was just clean 5 minutes ago.
Reading "Green Eggs and Ham", 10 times in a row only to hear
ONE MORE TIME PLEASE!
Finding dirty clothes in the toy boxes,
trash cans, toilets, anywhere but the hamper.
Saying "because I said so", even though you swore you wouldn't.
Swearing even though you swore you wouldn't!

This sea of
Stains
Toys
Dirt
Scrapes
Kisses
Drool
Screams
Homework
Blood
Blankets
Fat Cheeks
Hugs
Laundry
Pinches
Bath Time
Unicorns
Bites
Night lights
Tiny Toys
Pink Ponies
Dusty Shelves
Dirty Dishes
Mermaids
Yucky Dinners
Bottles
Diapers
Spit ups

In this sea
where we live.
Sometimes our head is barely above water, and sometimes we bathe in the sun.
I wonder which days we will remember?

No comments: